Since its founding in 1982, Tucker Capital has maintained a defining ‘strategic’ mindset within its peer group of niche M&A firms serving the catalog, media and publishing sectors.
In addition to ensuring successful execution of the investment banking assignment, Tucker consistently helps clients to focus on the strategic context of any proposed acquisition or divestiture.
Over the past five years, Tucker has assembled a team to focus exclusively on Tucker clients’ strategic challenges that often must be dealt with prior to the execution of any acquisition, sale or recapitalization. In the past three years, Tucker Strategic has emerged as an independent division under the Tucker Capital umbrella, servicing clients within and beyond Tucker Capital’s core areas of practice.
• Tucker Strategic focuses its practice on companies where the basic business fundamentals are strong, but clear execution has become difficult:
• Mature companies that are in strategic transition and have lost traction with their traditional operating tools and metrics.
• Younger companies that are in transition from an entrepreneurial to an institutional model.
• Companies that have confronted a significant setback in product, distribution and/or management and are struggling to devise a new strategic position.
• Companies that are evaluating strategic options to maximize shareholder value, which might include growth strategies, recapitalizations or the sale of the business.
Tucker Strategic’s distinctive competitive position is its niche ability to bring partner level attention to both:
The formulation and assessment of strategic direction at the highest level of a company (senior management and board of directors) and the communication, understanding and execution of that strategy down through the management ranks to the front line.
Tucker principals bring hands-on operating experience and a ‘leave the ego at the door’ attitude which allows them to gain traction with both ends of the strategy chain (from boardroom to mailroom).
With extensive experience as advisors and hands-on operators, the professionals at Tucker Strategic have extensive experience in conceptualizing and implementing long-range strategic planning.
Tucker Strategic professionals have:
• Prepared and launched comprehensive acquisition strategies (with assignments ranging from 3 to 10 years).
• Designed strategic rationales for the successful divestiture of non-essential business units and/or operating divisions.
• Advised on management succession issues, operations enhancement, and strategies to maximize shareholder value and improve profits.